After a wee summer break, Tai Chi is returning to Cullercoats Methodist Church on Thursday 9th September. I have 1 space at 1.15pm and 2 spaces at 2.15pm. Classes cost £6, and after your first week you pay for a block of classes. Please call Jacqueline on 07726 118801 if you would like more information or to book your place(Classes will be inside, unless we have exceptionally warm and dry weather)
I’ve just heard that North Tyneside is going to start surge testing to improve detection of the Indian variant of Covid19. There is very little information available about what this might mean for activities in the area, therefore my current plan is
- the class will be running tomorrow (20th May), following Covid19 guidelines
- please consider the potential risks and benefits of attending the exercise class
- if you do not wish to attend, I completely understand, and of course you do not need to pay for the session
- do not attend the class if you have any symptoms of Covid19 or have been advised to self-isolate
- please consider completing regular covid19 screening. I understand you can pick up free tests from local chemists https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/regular-rapid-coronavirus-tests-if-you-do-not-have-symptoms/
If you have any questions, then please call me to discuss, and check your emails for any further updates.
Keep safe, still!!
It was fantastic to re-start delivering exercise classes in person today. Don’t get me wrong, online classes have kept us going during some dark days, but today was so uplifting today to be able to connect with attendees which you can’t by video. And I was able to give more support and feedback – whether welcomed or not!?! I have a couple of spaces available in the Physio Fit (Monday, Tynemouth) and 1.15pm Tai Chi (Thursday, Cullercoats).
Physio Fit is a strength and balance class. As a physiotherapy-led class, exercises are set at a level that’s right for you.
Tai Chi for Health teaches you a safe, gentle form of Tai Chi, which has been developed to increase muscle strength and flexibility. It improves balance both mentally and physically and is a great form of relaxation. This programme is suitable for people with or without arthritis and all abilities welcome.
If you would like to join one of our classes, please contact Jacqueline for more information 07726 118801
Now that Covid19 restrictions are easing, I am deligthed to be able to open up my home visit physiotherapy services for routine face to face appointments.
Over the past year I have been restricted to those with an urgent clinical need. Although we have got by using video consultations for less urgent treatments, I can’t wait to get back to working in person.
Longsands Rehabilitation offers physiotherapy in your home for a range of conditions – reduced balance, falls, reduced mobility, rehabilitation after joint replacements, recovery after injury, support after hospital discharge ….. plus many others. Your safety continues to be a priority and we have procedures in place to minimise risk of spread of Covid 19, including Covid19 screening, wearing PPE, rigorous infection prevention and control measures. If you would like to know more about the service we offer, or want to book an appointment, call Jacqueline on 07726 118801
Starting 21st September 2020 in Cullercoats and Tynemouth- Tai Chi for Health.
Always wanted to try Tai Chi? Joints feel achy and want an exercise that helps arthritis?
We are delighted to be starting new daytime Tai Chi classes in Tynemouth and Cullercoats from 21st September 2020.
- Monday mornings 9.15-10am Holy Saviours Parish Hall Manor Road Tynemouth starting 21st September – FULL
- Thursday afternoons 1.15-2pm Cullercoats Methodist Church starting 24th September – FULL
- Coming soon – Thursday afternoons 2.15-3pm Cullercoats Methodist Church – starting November: Email email@example.com to be notified when bookings open
You will learn the Tai Chi for Arthritis programme to increase muscle strength and flexibility. It improves balance both mentally and physically and is a great form of relaxation. For people with or without arthritis – all ages and abilities welcome.
Classes cost £5 and must be pre-booked due to Covid-19.
Contact Jacqueline on 07726 118801 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to book a place.